Satur-deja Vu

 

Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 6.33.07 AM

It hasn’t been but a week or two since Hurricane Dorian skirted the east coast after decimated the Bahamas. Another tropical system has been threatening to produce a named storm all week and Tropical Storm Humberto formed last night near the Bahamas. Tropical force winds extend 90 miles out from the center which will pass within 40 miles of the northeast Bahama islands. The latest projections show it turning away from Florida and out to sea.

floppy bits

The TSA is looking to add more floppy eared dogs at security checkpoints because they are less threatening and more calming to air travel passengers. Pointy eared dogs, such as German Shepherds, are thought to be more intimidating. Approximately 80% of TSA dogs are floppy eared while the other 20% works out of the view of the public, such as sniffing checked baggage.

Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 7.04.52 AM

That’s. Steve Ritchie, President and CEO of Papa John’s, with Shaquille O’Neal at the New York Stock Exchange. Shaq plays into their rebranding as sales continue to nosedive. He is on the board of directors and has invested in nine stores in the Atlanta area. It’s a lot more involved than a mere endorsement deal, which Shaq has had plenty of in recent years. I can think of Buick, Gold Bond, The General Car Insurance and Epson printers. There is not a product this man cannot peddle. We should see if he’s willing to plug The Master’s Table.

Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 7.18.18 AM

Julian Castro, former HUD Secretary for Obama, can be seen standing on a man maker during the third Democratic candidate debate. Historically taller candidates do better in elections. It’s probably a latent psychological thing that voters are not consciously aware of but it seems to happen that way. Joe Biden is an even 6’0″ but I was not able to find Castro’s height published anywhere. The last time I checked the Oval Office didn’t have a booster chair behind the desk.

Screenshot 2019-09-11 at 9.08.34 AM

This post from Wednesday about Tuvia Pollack got 14 likes and more views than Happy Monday! I also reviewed Pierre Hegy’s book Worship as Community Drama.

Screenshot 2019-08-16 at 4.11.09 PM Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 10.48.34 AM

Pumpkin Spice SPAM is a real product and will be available soon at Walmart stores and online via SPAM’s website. Pumpkin Spice Communion wafers is just a gag (as of this time). Here are several more pumpkin spice varieties of things we hope never actually see the light of day. Maybe the donuts would be okay.

 

spice10

spice9

spice8

spice7

spice6

spice5

spice4

spice3

spice2

spice1


 

One thought on “Satur-deja Vu

  1. Two notes:

    1) The Atlanta Braves will probably clinch their division title when they get back home, possibly in the next series with the Phillies.

    2) Jimmy Carter is the oldest living president and the longest lived president, having surpassed George H.W. Bush earlier this year. He will turn 95 on October 1st.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.